At Serenity Smiles, we want you to spend your time doing the things you love, whether it’s work, play, or hanging out with friends and family. This means minimizing your time at the dentist’s office. How do we accomplish this? We make sure the time you spend with us is comfortable and as pleasant as possible.
We chose the word “Serenity” in our name because we felt as though it fully represents our approach to dentistry. You are putting your trust in our professional staff, so we provide you with expertise, effort, and positive energy. If you’re looking for a Havasu Dental Clinic offering compassionate care, contact Serenity Dental and make an appointment without delay.
Our Lake Havasu dentists understand the mouth and the many challenges is presents
What is dentistry? It is the art of teeth and associated structures, which makes it a field where unique skills are required. Every Havasu dentist’s approach to patient diagnosis and treatment is unique to them. However, becoming a great clinician requires an in-depth knowledge of the mouth, and how to work within that environment.
What are some reasons why people avoid going to their Havasu dentist?
This is a complex question to answer because patients are all different. Some reasons are listed below:
Sensitivity: The mouth is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body, and also one of the most used. Touch, pain, and temperature are highly magnified in the mouth, and we refer to this as sensitivity. Did you know that more poems are written about the smile and lips than any other part of the body? Obviously, everyone we meet notices our mouth. When working in this area, a Havasu dentist must consider the patient’s comfort, biological, and psychological preparedness.
Consider the following:
- Many people fear going to the dentist, often because of previous negative experiences.
- Many patients have a sensitive gag reflex that is triggered when they go to their Havasu dentist.
- A number of patients have extra-sensitive nerve endings in their mouth, and local anesthetics are not powerful enough to numb them.
- Some of us generate too much saliva when visiting the dentist, which is an unpleasant experience.
- Dry mouths are sometimes prone to extra sensitivity when being manipulated by a Havasu dentist.
- Quite a few patients hate having metal objects in their mouth.
- The fear of a dental pick going through a tooth and hitting a nerve sometimes prevents people from visiting their Havasu dental clinic.
- Keeping their mouth open throughout a dentist visit is very difficult for many people, making it harder for work to get done.
- Many people hate the sound and sensation of a dental drill as it vibrates, which is sometimes described as being like “fingernails on a chalkboard.”
- We hear from many patients that experience pain even when teeth are lightly touched or pressured.
- Havasu dental clinic patients sometimes experience pain when electricity is conducted through their fillings after they’re touched by an instrument.
Our keen understanding of the mouth will make your Havasu dental clinic visit far better
Consider the mouth, it’s many individual parts, and how they all work in unison to talk, smile, and eat.
Complexity: The mouth is arguably used more than any other part of the body. We use our lips, tongue, teeth, and jaws to eat, digest, taste, chew, smile, talk, make gestures, and sing. This is even more than we do with our hands and feet! Indeed, our mouths are constantly at work, both day and night. Your dentist must be able to conduct detailed examinations of complex mouth structures that include:
- The teeth – Our Havasu dentists will examine every layer of your teeth including the dentin, enamel, periodontal ligament, roots, root canal system, cementum, alveolar bone, and gums. If any of these dental structures are damaged, diseased, or decayed, it can cause pain, loss of teeth or bone, infection, and time in the dentist’s chair instead of doing the things you enjoy.Your dentist will examine your mouth in detail, including all crowns, implants, old fillings, and denture. They will take precautions to ensure they are sealing to the teeth and not leaking. It’s definitely true that early treatment of failing restorations will avoid big problems and pain down the road.
- The oral tissue: Your Havasu dentist will examine the health of all mouth tissue, attached and non-attached. This gives us an outlook on your overall health, allows us to rule out cancer, check up on the health of the glands that reside in palette and lips (there are thousands), and take a hard look at the major saliva glands located below the jaw line and near the cheek. We can tell when something isn’t right based upon color and consistency. At our Havasu dental clinic, we take great pride in being thorough.
- The lips and smile: We always want you looking and feeling your best, and it all starts with a great smile. We pay special attention to the lay of our patient’s lips when compared to the line of their smile. It’s also important to acknowledge the size and shape of the teeth relative to one another. This is how our Havasu dentists improve smiles with veneering, cosmetic bonding, or a complete smile makeover using cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics.
- Muscles and jaws: Human jaw joints are also called TMJ. They work hard to make speech and chewing effortless by making use of associated muscles and ligaments. Many patients clench and grind their teeth when they express tension through their jaw. This is called a parafunctional habit, and is often associated with stress or sleep apnea. Our dentists seek to improve every patient’s overall health by addressing the bruxism associated with clenching and grinding teeth. Not only will this produce less wear and tear on the teeth, it may also relieve pain the jaw and headaches caused by this habit. Your dentist may also recommend mouth-guards and/or Botox to solve these problems without any loss of function.
- Functionality: Our mouths chew food, but glands within the mouth produce saliva to aid in digestion and lubricate the mouth and pharynx. Every team member at our Havasu dental clinic understands that the jaws, nerves, and muscle glands in the mouth must work in unison. If they don’t, we may suffer a number of different aesthetic and health-related issues like:
- Poor nutrition absorption, which is caused by saliva problems.
- Lost of smell and taste resulting from excessive bacteria buildup and dry mouth.
- Loss of facial dimension caused by loss of teeth or bone, which makes patients lose their jaw’s vertical dimension, causing facial asymmetries.
- Poor jaw opening and closing caused by clenching of the jaw, which can make chewing and other daily activities difficult.
- Poor wear of the teeth and chewing cased by low quality dental work that doesn’t fit properly in the mouth.
Every dentist at our clinic pays close attention to details so that you can get the most fulfillment from your life.
Is there a Lake Havasu dentist located nearby that I can implicitly trust?
There are a number of dental clinics in Lake Havasu, but how do you choose one to trust with the health and well being of your smile? At Serenity Dental, the patient always comes first. We realize that many people have innate fears about going to the dentist, many of them justified. Going to the dentist may mean experiencing pain, discomfort, and soreness, but our patient-first philosophy and state-of-the-art equipment mitigates many of these negative experiences.
Our Havasu clinic isn’t like any other dentist office you’ve ever visited. Our environment is more like your own home instead of the stark dental clinic environment you’re probably used to. You and every member of your family will get one-on-one care from a dental professional who will explain every detail of every process before you sit in the chair. If you have fears about visiting the dentist, talk to us about our advanced pain-mitigation dental techniques that will provide you with an all new outlook on going to the dentist.
Contact our Lake Havasu Dental Clinic Without Delay
Our dentists treat adults and children alike. It’s quite possible that your children dread visiting the dentist’s office, which is why we go out of our way to make their experience positive and comfortable. Going to the dentist is never “fun” but it shouldn’t be feared or dreaded by anyone. Recent advancements in the dental industry make it possible to minimize pain in ways you’ve likely never imagined. Our Havasu dental clinic was designed to be welcoming, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable for everyone that walks through the door.
If you’ve ever wondered, “Where can I find the best Havasu dentist near me?” you’ve found the answer.
Explaining the workflow at our Lake Havasu Dental Clinic
Dr. Kaushesh and Dr. Neisen created proprietary workflows that minimize patient discomfort when working in their mouth. We ensure that every patient gets personalized attention so that we can address their concerns before they ever sit down in the chair. You are unique and unlike any other patient that comes to our dental clinic. This means you need individualized care based on your specific needs. If you are concerned or afraid about anything, we want you to address it with your dentist so that we can make you as comfortable as possible.
Would you like to see a breakdown of our workflow? Take a look at the following information so you understand what to expect when you visit our Havasu dentist’s office.
Approach to the mouth – We make sure to handle the soft tissue in your mouth and around your teeth as gently as possible. Our instruments are the most technologically advanced in the industry, and we are never in a hurry to move on to the next patient. Our dentists also do not believe that poking patients is necessary. Instead, we use advanced x-ray films and gentle handling of teeth grooves to get the information we require.
Comfortable x-ray films – We use x-ray sensors constructed by Gendex and Schick. They have rounded edges that minimize discomfort in the mouth that occur with most other x-ray films. Softer films eliminate the gag reflex in most patients who are sensitive to foreign objects in their mouth.
Advanced prevention based on early detection – By taking highly-magnified macro images of the teeth with our x-ray machine we are able to minimize the impact to our dental patients. We can locate and isolate leaky margins before most other dentists, which means that you will need less treatment over time. Our Lake Havasu dentists also avoid tooth extractions and root canals by treating small problems before they become big problems.
Extremely comfortable suctions – We use Isolite suctions, which are state-of-the-art instruments that allow the mouth to remain comfortable and relaxed while unwanted debris, fluid, and saliva is continuously removed.
Fully digitized workflow – We incorporate a seamless digital process that helps put a smile on every patient’s face. All images taken within the mouth are digital and high definition. This helps us find leaky fillings and crowns before they become problematic. It’s a minimally invasive way to check the mouth, guns, and teeth. Tartar shows up quite visibly in these images, and they also allow us to diagnose the overall health of the patient’s gums. These images also reveal any inflammation or lack thereof.
Modern equipment and supplies – Our Havasu doctors and the entire professional staff ensure that we only use the best, most advanced lab materials. We won’t put anything in your mouth that we wouldn’t put in the mouths of our friends and family.
Make an appointment at our Lake Havasu dental clinic today
At Serenity Dental, we care about your smile and overall oral health. Our unique approach to dentistry is highly popular with our patients, and we encourage you to check out our online reviews. We understand that many people are afraid of going to the dentist, but we overcome that fear by using the most advanced technology and techniques available today. The atmosphere at our dental clinic is unlike any you’ve ever experienced, so we urge you come pay us a visit and see it for yourself if you have any reservations.
Contact our Havasu dental clinic today and make an appointment for every member of your family. We will keep your smile looking the best it can be.